1.What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
I saw Tori Amos live in concert. It was one of the highlights of my year. She's so amazing.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolution, and will you make more for next year?
Don't do resolutions. Same as last year, same response next year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I don't know about close. Some people I get along with at work. Esther, Amber, and Haley all had their babies, and two were girls, one boy.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Niblet, Jana's rat, passed away. She was a cool little rattie.
5. What countries did you visit?
I visited the strange and frightening country of Atlanta! I hope to never drive through downtown Atlanta again.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Still working on that financial stability thing. Curt's job gets better, our bills go up. My hours are always up and down, and I still can't come up with a solid idea of what I'd like to do to get out of there. I didn't see a lot of peace or happiness for my loved ones, and I'm really hoping for more of that for all of us.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February 25: Asshole hit my Cavalier from behind, tried to blame me.
March: Joined Fetlife, then forgot about it. Haha, but no, as a result I defined myself in the world of kink, and our sex life has become a tad more experimental.
April: Romex got a buzz cut for reasons we won't go into, and Ginger at work had a whole lotta suck happen to her when she broke her femur. While she was out her parents both passed away, too.
May: Started playing WoW! And Angie cut her hair short. So cute. :D
June: Got new computer and started being receptionist in salon at work.
August: Romex had surgery.
October 17: Romex officially free and clear! Very happy.
November 29: Saw Tori live! Best concert ever.
December: Kisa back and forth to vet w/ eye issue. Pada had staph over Chrismas. Holidays sucked.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Um, probably not falling apart. Had a few rows w/ the Husband, everybody's health sucked, haven't gotten to spend time w/ everybody b/c of shitty schedules, work is hell. The list goes on. I'm just proud of me and of all of us for not totally losing our shit.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Biggest failure was probably not pushing to stay in the salon at work. After the initial freakout of trying something new, I actually preferred it back there, but they went and hired a full-time receptionist, and that was the end of that. I'm still miserable at work, and I don't have a ton of options besides it.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a couple nasty bouts w/ sinus crap, but the people I love have dealt with most of that this past year.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new computer. A desktop that can run WoW. Haha.
12. Best food experience of the year?
Sweetgrass is a new restaurant in the Crown Plaza hotel in North Chuck, and it was pretty amazing. Also, Curt's grandmother and sister make a cake w/ Divinity icing that is the best.
13. Worst (or craziest) food experience of the year?
Not a lot stands out, actually. Well, the Olive Garden was kind of a bust for me, but that's all.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Without question, bills. Some unexpected vet visits at the end of the year didn't help. We had assistance for the Tori trip, but that was a good bit, too.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Tori Amos concert. Romex being healthy again.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Vanessa Carlton: Half a Week Before the Winter
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or hardened? Hardened. This year sucked.
b) thinner or fatter? Same as last year.
c) richer or poorer? About the same.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Spent more time w/ friends.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Stressing about work.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Eve at Mom's. Dad and Sandra came, too. Frank was there. Yuck. Curt worked all the holidays. Pada was sick, so no Christmas day gathering. Did Stone Christmas New Year's Eve, but it was lackluster, too.
21. How did you spend New Years?
Got together with friends the day of. It was better than Christmas.
22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Not newly, but I appreciate my husband even more and will always cherish what we have.
23. This year was the Year of ...?
4. What was your favorite TV program?
Glee! Still my favorite. Walking Dead was friggin' awesome, and How I Met Your Mother is legend-. Wait for it. -dary. :D
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope, I just loathe a couple people at work more than ever.
26. What was the best book you read?
The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss, followed closely by The Warded Man by Peter V. Brett.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Night of Hunters! Haha, but I'm also back into the stuff from the nineties.
28. What did you want and get?
I wanted to see Tori live, and my lovely Husband delivered. Also, Romex to get well, and he did.
29. What did you want and not get?
Job satisfaction and less stress. Same as last year.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Didn't see much, but Bridesmaids was funny as shit.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
We all ate at Michelangelo's Kitchen, and it was enjoyable. I turned 27.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Finding a job I could tolerate. Same as last year.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
I'm still doing pretty tops, but I will never give up my jeans. I got some boots that give me a bit of height, but they're definitely not for everyday wear. Too uncomfortable.
34. What kept you sane?
My husband keeps me happy, and my friends keep me sane.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
This question is always weird. I'm skipping it.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The ones that always do, really. Gay rights, women's reproductive rights, equality for all, separation of church and state. Same as last year.
37. Who did you miss?
I miss enjoying my family. We clash on a lot of subjects, and it's hard to be around them sometimes. This year was especially difficult because my grandparents have stepped up on the religious badgering; my mom joined in, just not so heavily.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Mindy was a cool cashier at work for awhile, but she had to move back to Arizona.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
Appreciate the people you love. They won't always be around.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I feel stupid, but I think I've been catchin' on
I feel ugly, but I know I still turn you on
You've grown colder now, torn apart, angry, turned around
Will that whole mad season knock you down?
So are you gonna stand there?
Or are you gonna help me out?
We need to be together now
I need you now
Do you think you can cope? You figured me out?
That I'm lost and I'm hopeless
I'm bleeding and broken though I've never spoken
I come undone in this mad season
It's been a mad season